So now that you understand what Viral marketing is, how do you do it?
As you'll see on the graphic below, one of key element is doing the unexpected. Stop doing what all your competitors are doing. You'll never stand out if all you're doing is blending in.
I'll spend the next few posts talking about each item on the checklist below.
1. Stop being NeutralControversy breeds notoriety. Look at Anne Coultor. I think she is a vile human being. She has said so many offensive things many people want her dead. Here's the thing: the only reason she's relatively famous is because she says stupid things. Things that get people talking.
Now, I'm not saying become the next Anne Coulter. Lord knows one of her is more than enough. As a writer, you never want your image to outshine or distract from your work. The one and only piece of credit I will give Anne Coultor is she knows how to get people talking about her.
Here's your homework:
- List five public figures (e.g. politicians, celebrities, etc.) that you strongly dislike
- Pick one thing each person has said or done to make you dislike them.
- List five public figures (e.g. politicians, celebrities, etc.) that you admire
- Pick one thing each person has said or done to make you admire them.
The below graphic is from the Kissmetrics Blog. They provide html coding if you want to include this on your own blog.
++ Click Image to Enlarge ++
Source: The Viral Marketing Cheat Sheet Infographic
Links to Viral Marketing Articles:Viral Marketing Checklist Part 1: Neutrality is Useless
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 2: Surprise Your Audience
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 3: 5 Types of Videos You Should Have on Youtube
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 4: 7 Things You Should be Doing on Twitter
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 5: Keep Your Audience's Attention
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 6: Sharing and Piracy are Good Things
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 7: Connect with Comments
Viral Marketing Checklist Part 8: Restricting Access is Ridiculous
Stand Out! Don't Be Like the Others Includes link to best viral video I've seen in years
BOOKS BY M JOSEPH MURPHY:
Amazon: M Joseph Murphy on Amazon: Paperback and ebook
Smashwords: M Joseph Murphy Author Page on Smashwords
Kobo: M Joseph Murphy Books on Kobo