Twitter is not the place to sell your books. It's a place to get other people to sell your books for you.
Too many authors turn their twitter accounts into billboards. Or worse: informercials. Ask yourself, how often do you tweet the following:
- please buy my book
- please like me on Facebook
- my books are on sale today
SEVEN THINGS YOU SHOULD BE DOING ON TWITTER.
- It is social media. Be social.
- Have conversations about things other than books
- Respond to their tweets and retweet them
- Be funny without being offensive.
- Tweet things related to topics trending on twitter
- Tweet about current events
- Live tweet during your favorite shows or while at conventions
Must Read Links on Social Media for Writers:
Twitter for Authors by Jonathon Gunson
Social Media Train Wreck Authors Must Avoid
Click Here for The Number 4 On the Check List: How To Keep People's Attention
Click Here for a List of All Marketing Posts: Links to Marketing Articles.
BOOKS BY M JOSEPH MURPHY:
Amazon: M Joseph Murphy on Amazon: Paperback and ebook
Smashwords: M Joseph Murphy Author Page on Smashwords
Kobo: M Joseph Murphy Books on Kobo